2 egg yolks
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of milk
3/4 cup of pancake mix
4 egg whites
powdered sugar for sifting (optional)
berries for topping (optional)
maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar, and milk. After mixed, fold in the pancake mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the four egg whites with an electric mixer until it forms a meringue. Combine both the pancake mixture and the meringue and fold until fully mixed.
- Heat a medium sized pan with low heat and spray with vegetable oil. Take a metal form (I used a heart shape cookie cutter), spray with vegetable oil, and place in the center of a heated pan.
- Carefully drop about 1/2 cup of batter into the metal form and cover for about 8-10 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, use tongs or a spatula to flip the metal form filled with batter and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the metal form. Serve and top with sifted powdered sugar, berries, butter, or maple syrup. Enjoy!